Last Updated on
Experience the street food of Hoi An on a 2.5-hour tour, and unlock the secrets to the Old Town bite by bite. Visit a local bakery to taste a delicious sandwich, take your seats with the locals at a small café, explore the central market, and more.
Hoi An Street Food Tour highlights
- Eat your way through Hoi An Old Town
- Taste the unique dishes of central Vietnam
- Discover hidden food stalls and local cafés
- Explore a maze of alleys bursting with life
- Enjoy a coffee or beer at a riverside bar near the Japanese Covered Bridge
- Join the locals at the central market, and learn about the different ingredients
Hoi An Food Tour Description
Work your way around Hoi An’s Old Town after the sun has gone down. On this small group tour with a maximum of 12 people you will be joined by a local leader who will give you an insight into the food scene in Hoi An.
Enjoy a culinary adventure away from the Midday heat. Meet your guide at sunset for a walk through the local cafes, food stalls, markets and restaurants at the heart of the historic city.
Go to a bakery that has been making the town’s tastiest banh mi (a type of sandwich) for over 20 years, using fresh local ingredients. Next, join the locals at a small café to try the hot and crunchy banh can crackers, served with quails eggs, pork and a tasty salad.
Continue into the heart of the city at the central market, where hundreds of street hawkers sell a staggering array of produce, including fresh noodles, sweet jelly, seasonal fruits and live seafood. Your local guide will walk you through the colorful array of ingredients, explaining the most popular dishes and their significance to the traditional cultures of central Vietnam.
Walk through a maze of tiny alleys to find a hidden gem of Hoi An, and sample 2 specialties; deep fried wonton and white rose dumplings. Next, visit a 1,000-year-old well that supplies the locals with clean water year round. It’s considered by the locals to be the best water to make cao lau, a noodle dish that originated in Hoi An.
Go to a vegetarian restaurant to feast on a buffet of fresh food. Save space for the mussel salad at the next venue, followed by a real treat; it cake for dessert. End at a local café near the Japanese covered bridge and discover a perfect spot to round off your adventure with a Vietnamese coffee or beer.
- English-speaking guide
- All food as indicated on the itinerary
- 1 bottle of water
- 1 coffee or beer
What’s Not Included
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Ticket for Hoi An Ancient Town 120.000VND or 6USD/person(in accordance with the Hoi An Centre for Cultural Heritage Management and Preservation, visitors to Hoi An Old Quarter are required to purchase an entrance ticket before joining the tour. Please bring it with you in case the local authorities check)
Thing to know before join Hoi An Food Tour
• Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour. If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. Just meet at the start point
• Please contact the local supplier if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number on your voucher (business hours only)
• Please inform your local guide about any food allergies you may have. Vegetarians can be catered for
• Light and comfortable clothing is recommended
• Children must be aged 6 to 11 years inclusive. Children under 6 years old are not permitted on this tour
• Tours are conducted in English